Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Speak a note

Today is: Day 29 of Pass IT On!

I am forgetful.  Very forgetful.  I have tried about every different way of remembering to do things that there is.  But still I find, nothing beats writing it down.  Making a list.  Crossing it off!! It is a great feeling.  Yes, I confess to having many lists going at one time.  Lists of lists.  Consolidating lists.  It's probably a clinical diagnosis.  I have little note pads (the kind you get in the dollar bins at Target and Micheal's) stashed all over. And Post-Its!  Well I love them!! (I was slightly obsessed with Post-Its in college.. especially during exam time.  They kept me sane, but they may have slightly annoyed my roommates... ;)

One of my biggest annoyances is when I think of something I need to do, remember, or worse.. a really good idea and I can't write it down.  Because 99.9% of the time... that thought is lost.  This happens a lot when I'm driving.  I can do some good thinking then, provided my passengers are happily entertained with a movie (don't judge).   So someone told me what they do in situations like this... and I instantly wanted to yell, "why didn't i think of that?!  duh!!"   and because information like this is not earth shattering , but may be life altering... I'm Passing IT On!

Cell phone.  Use it. 
There are plenty of recording apps and some that are specifically for lists.  I have been using Evernote on my android phone.  It is great in that i can record a message (a yellow post-it, if you will) and it is stored right on my home screen.  It's been working really well ...when I remember to check the note!  LOL..

Just a little tidbit for ya.. try it out and take a load off your mind! 

.... now I just need something to help with those great lists I make in the shower.  dry erase marker!?


No comments:

Post a Comment