Tuesday, July 3, 2012

when in doubt.. craft

I'm in the not so exciting season of saying "good-bye" or rather "see you later" right now.  It can become very emotional and at times very dry.  Sometimes I can't stop crying.. sometimes I feel like i should be crying.. and I can't.  It's hard to explain.  .. and maybe only appreciated by someone who has been around the block a few times. 

Saturday night was sort of one of those nights.  I didn't want to say good-bye to my friend Kristyn.. and i knew it would be hard.  But at the same time we are both excited for the next few weeks... many fun things to come! 

Kristyn still had to pack for her big trip up to Washington .. so I was just hanging out there, keeping her company.  She had this crazy idea that she needed to get her "July" wreath done and on her door.  So I figured I could craft away while she packed.  It fit perfectly for us... as we have spent many nights working on projects together. 

I told her it was fitting that her "military friend" made her "red white and blue July wreath"  :)

i made a mini one for myself too

Happy 4th!   or   Go Team USA!!


Totally simple.  Just cut strips of felt.  Wrap and Glue. 

When in Doubt... Craft!

2 comments:

  1. This is sweet, Amie! I hope the joy of these friendships drive you right through the bumps of transition. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks D... having said "see ya later" to you not once but twice shows me how much the joy is worth it. and distance and time are no match! hugs.

    ReplyDelete