Saturday, July 14, 2012

Travel take 1

We are not the most punctual people. Nor do we succeed in leaving bright and early for road trips.  So it was no surprise to me when we left Fernley at 3:30. Yet still,  I've got to say I was frustrated. I had said my goodbyes. I had cried.  The kids were also over the goodbye process and quite bored in our empty house.  Poor Matt.. he is taking the heat here.. but it wasn't his fault. Checkout at work was less than organized and quite annoying.

However, we were finally off.  We waved goodbye to our small town. Before long Fernley was in our rear view mirror. A mixed bag of emotions.. wrapped in excitement for the journey and adventures ahead.

The kids got their first "surprise" (just fun car ride keep busy stuff) and went to work... making me happy because they used their travel clip board cases.  Soon Addie and Micah were sleeping and G had on his head phones to accompany the book he was reading.  I soaked up the peace and quiet for a good while... knowing there will be many not so peaceful times to follow.

After 3.5 hours we stopped for dinner at the mecca of sandwich artists .. Subway of course.  We got out ... and Addie said "Is this Jacksonville?!" Oh my.. we were still in NV!  We kept going and still made it to Salt Lake City like we wanted to, however,  we didn't get to see the city, lake, or swim at the hotel. Seemed like a beutiful and clean city... at least from my hotel window this morning.

Happy trails! Utah is beautiful :)



1 comment:

  1. Great pics and love reading about your trip so far! Be safe, Gods blessing on all of you!

    ReplyDelete