Wednesday, November 16, 2011

yarn O


I made this for my friend's birthday recently. i was really happy with how it turned out... but OH MY! it took so long! (you are worth it though, Marci!) I just totally misjudged how long it would take to wrap the O. it wasn't wrapping tightly so i ended up having to hot glue as i wrapped. Much better, but much more time consuming. I worked on it a little at a time when i had a few minutes. Got one really nasty hot glue gun burn (i now have a cool temp one!). I got the idea on a blog (i still need to figure out how to put that in the text here so you could click on it.) but they did it with a brass letter. i used a paper mache one, which was nice for indoor use anyway.

so yep, i'm happy with it. i was planning on making these for Christmas gifts. hummmmm not sure. i would be wrapping and gluing from now Till Christmas! LOL.

1 comment:

  1. This is cute, A. I can relate to the wrapping and wrapping. L's yarn wig for Halloween was a similar effort.

    ReplyDelete