Wednesday, February 6, 2013

DIY Decor.. "LOVE"


I had the best week last week with my sister and her family!! The cousins had a grand time together!!  And Oh MY! When they left.. It was February!  How did that happen??  

I had a plan for a Valentine's mantle.. Simple. Pink. Soft. 
& that's exactly how it turned out.  LOVE!

Speaking of {LOVE} .. my favorite part of the mantle turned out to be a sign, with LOVE on it.  
Garrett had been collecting treasures (read also: dumpster diving) and found some great pieces of pressed wood.  He claimed the larger one for the fort (of course!) but said I could have the other piece.
I should probably interject that the dumpster is next door.. a site of new construction..mostly full of pallets and other home materials that 8 year old boys find amazing and essential to build a fort! ;)

Here's the finished sign.


the awesome wood Garrett found
<------------- before
after --------------->
painted with a sample of "Hot Stone"
by Valspar






I stenciled LOVE with Benjamen Moore - Pink Moire


pallet table.. not quite ready to completely share. <in progress>


Coffee beans make the perfect vase filler for Valentine's

 dot dot dot... in sparkle.

Here s the mantle (rather, my faux one above the TV). 

a little tule for a soft look


old halloween candy (pink nerds) also make a good filler

LOVE ... XOX

I am enjoying this mantle.. Simple. Pink. Soft.
and I love the gray walls!!

Do you do a Valentine's Theme in your home?


Linking:
See Vanessa Craft
The 36th AVENUE


Happy Hour Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment