Friday, May 31, 2013

Sick.. It happens (again)

So like I mentioned before, it's been a rough two weeks here.  Last week Addie and this week ME!  I'm so frustrated because there is so much to do .. And school ends this Tues.   Going to have all 3 of them running around, I somehow know my time will be even more precious than it is now.. So I wanted to get a few things done. Well, that's out the window when there are sick kids and even more so with a sick Mama.   

But the past few days while I was not well, it forced me to do something I don't do very well.. Or often.. Rest.  And enjoy some snuggle time with Micah :)  He was so sweet to me yesterday, laying down on the couch watching Mickey and Jake for hours, playing on the iPad for as long as he wanted.. Yep I think he figured out he could really benefit from this situation.

 Snuggle buddy

iPad and kale chips ... Sid the Science Kid would be so proud!

Uhhhhhh more iPad 

Addie read with me when she got home.

I forgot to take a pic last night, but after Garrett showered he asked if he could lay in bed with me {he still calls it "mommy time"} ... Which usually means he needs to discuss something or is worried about something.  But he said , "no.  I just thought you were lonely".   Awww. I wanted nothing more than to close my eyes... But of course I said I Was lonely and enjoyed his company for a while. 

Being sick sure does bite.. But sweet kids sure do help.  I may have to start dusting off my Ferris Bueller tactics and let this happen a little more often!  (I kid I kid.. Sort of) 

2 comments:

  1. Tommy is a sweet heart too when i dont feel well. Get better soon, we'll plan a play date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommy is a sweet heart too when i dont feel well. Get better soon, we'll plan a play date!

    ReplyDelete