Thursday, February 20, 2014

Living Museum

I take so many pictures with good intentions of sharing little stories.  Recently I had to upload my pics from my phone.. i couldn't believe what i had on there.. intending to share.  :(  So today i thought i would get the sharing done right away.  This just happened!!


Living Museum Project:  The first graders had to chose an American that impacted our world.  Addison chose Sally Ride.  She said, "I don't know why.  I'm just into space."  ok... well there are many times when i do think Addie's head is in the clouds. So this was good.. hahaha.. bad joke.

She worked very hard on this project.  I am very proud of her.  From Reading "Who Was Sally Ride?" and acing her AR test on it.  To choosing important events to put on her poster.  To making an incredible Space Shuttle.. with flair!


working on the space shuttle

painting the wings

Bubble letters with dots inside... self control on my part to let that happen!

Sally Ride with the Robotic Arm she designed and used.

Sally Ride (I couldn't talk her into curly brown hair!)

she's pretty cute 

Her Poster

Her satellite that she fixed with the robotic arm.
(credit to her engineer minded brother for the satellite.) :)

Garrett's class checking it out.  Garrett actually read a lot of the posters.  He is so hard to take to a museum!

love her.

Addie and I liked what Sally Ride ended all her speeches to school kids with.... she told them to
"REACH FOR THE STARS." 
I think my girl is... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment