Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Much TO DO.. but Nothing

Today was one of those days. The kind where at the end it is frustrating to realize all that did not get accomplished. I let these kind of days have too much of an impact on myself. I get so hard on myself and so critical. It is pretty ugly.. the pity party. Days like this are "Unacceptable".. but it's me that can't accept... even though i completely expect. so today was going fine.. and then boom.. total wrench. I shattered a jar of spaghetti sauce all over the kitchen and Micah was not down with napping today. So during the time I was supposed to be checking things off my To Do list.. i was cleaning a mess and dealing with cranky baby that didn't accept that he was tired. Turns out we both were having issues accepting! I think accepting the present, what I am facing, is a huge stumbling block for me. I waste so much time and I use so much energy trying to alter the immediate present... trying to change it to what I think would be better for the path I see. In other words.. I am choosing to not accept. Accept what it is and move on. I may have to change paths.. and that is okay. Easier said than done. Does anyone else feel this way? How do you move past it? Do you let it ruin the rest of your day? .... Too often I do let it ruin my day. It's a choice though. Indeed I make the choice to not accept the situation. I chose to fight it, sometimes in various waves and with lots of ammunition. but it is a futile attempt. If I drop the sauce all over the floor, there is little I can do to fix the situation without first cleaning. so don't fight it.. clean it.. and move forward. and .. here's the key..don't forget to instagram it .. because wasting that little bit of time to put it out there for everyone to share in your anguish.. or maybe to laugh at you.. or maybe to tag you later after the same thing happens to them (totally happened today!).. is just totally worth it!! :) supposed to have my artsy pic right here.. but my blogger has reverted back to an old version and isn't letting me upload the pic. going to have to figure this one out at a later date. i'm choosing to ACCEPT it and move on :) perfect timing! You can see the picture as well as all my snap shots of our days by visiting the link below. check out my instagram here... www.instagram.com/amielgriffin

No comments:

Post a Comment