Sunday, December 9, 2012

10 years!

Last week, November 30, was our 10 year anniversary :)  In some ways it is hard to believe it has been 10 years.  I wonder where the time went.  Then, I think of all the things that have happened over the span of 10 years... and it's hard to believe it all fit in! ..  3 beautiful kids, 7 homes, 6 duty stations, so many trips visiting the surrounding areas of our temporary homes,  too many friends to count blessing us richly, deployments and various times apart,  and memorable homecomings!
We have learned to take life as it comes and roll with it.  I used to be so not flexible when life threw curves.. it really messed me up!  But between having kids and living a military life, I have learned to be "a willow and not an oak" (a phase that used to annoy me in grad school when my supervisor would say it).   I wish she knew how I appreciate that phrase now!
Last night Matt and I got to enjoy a night away thanks to some of those dear friends I mentioned...  they kept all 3 kiddos! Basically saints ;).  Matt arranged for a stay at the Bayfront Westcott House, an adorable little bed and breakfast right on the water in St. Augustine.. America's oldest city.
We had a great time talking to each other (wow) and not using a stroller!  And the weather was perfect to walk around till 11.. yes.. all kinds of crazy!

down town st. augustine


sipping some wine on the porch


the bed and breakfast at night

view from the porch during breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment