Friday, September 21, 2012

the orange vase

i have missed crafting.  i needed to do something.. even if my house isn't completely done and ready for all the fun accents.

I want to add pops of color in various ways through out the house... one way is to use vases.   I saw some great orange vases at Hobby Lobby the other day.. but even at 50% off i didn't feel like it was a great deal.  I have a bunch of vases at home... they just need color.  I found the paint isle and bam! color :)

i chose this warm orange.  it's called pumpkin :)  perfect for fall.  and grabbed this vase from the plethora of vases i have saved for just this occasion. 

i painted the inside of the vase .. wanting to make it look like colored glass and not painted. this took about 5 minutes.

it dried a few hours and i added another coat.

add some beautiful Hobby Lobby flowers.. 

put it on the lanai.. and smile :)

Fall meets beach.   love.

linking for fun:
Today's Creative Blog
Skip To My Lou 
cherished bliss

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! It looks like you've been keeping busy recently. I've enjoyed catching up on your blog and the Pass it On series was neat too.

    ReplyDelete