Monday, August 19, 2013

Fist day back

Today is the first day of school!  There was excitement, a little bit of nervousness (mostly me), and smiles here this morning.  I admit, many times this summer I longed for this day... and don't get me wrong.. i'm Glad it's here!  But a little part of me was sad today when they got out of the car and looked  back at me.. long blonde hair and big smile waved excitedly! & short messy blonde hair and timid smile whispered "bye mama" to me.   And. That. Got. Me.  (as well as now typing it). 

I cried a little on the way home.  Thinking of how proud I am of them.  They are good kids.  They are excited to start a new year!  and It's going to be a good one!!  I am so glad Daddy got to see them off on their first day... He won't be home for their last day, and many days in between.  But it's not time to think of that now.  Push that out and focus on TODAY.  What TODAY IS!!

and it's the First Day of a NEW Year!
(I tend to categorize the new year as in the start of school.. and not in January.. anyone else?)

Today when I woke them both, I hugged and kissed many times to get them (ME) through the day.  I've grown so used to accepting during the day: Addie's tight hugs around my waist and Garrett's little giggle as I steal a kiss on the top of his getting too tall for me head!  I'll have to wait a few hours now.  Micah will have to wait too.  He is lost without them.  "where Addie go?  G back soon?" ....
"Yes. They will be home soon", I tell him (myself).  And I know before too long it will seem like they are home "soon"  and the days  will fly.  My time will be cut short by the buzzer of my "don't forget your kids" alarm on my phone!  .. but today might seem a little longer.

I told them both a few things this morning... and again in their lunches..
1. I love you
2. I am so proud of you
3. I am excited for you
4. I have prayed for you and your day

I hope they can hold one to that if the day seems long to them. 
 
 
 
3rd Grader
1st Grader

Ready To Do This!

Today is fist day back for me too!  Not that anyone is necessarily wondering where I have been.. but I took a break from recording our "Todays" for the second half of the summer.  We had a lot of fun.. and I'd like to do some catch up posting to log it for us. 

1 comment:

  1. How exciting -- anticipating all that will come for you this year. These look like happy kids!

    ReplyDelete