Monday, July 8, 2013

Anchors Away Wreath

Here's a few festive things I got done in the nick of time for the 4th!!  You know how it is.. You think you have plenty of time and then it sneaks right up on you! Or maybe that's just me?!   That is what happened to me with our vacation thrown in there. I really wanted to make a new wreath and I have quite a few Patriotic wreaths pinned .. Such good intentions. I knew it was not going to happen if I didn't make it simple ... I remembered I had part of a plastic table cloth wreath started.. In white. Score!  Plus I bought some nautical ribbon a while back that I wanted to use. And (I know the suspense is killing you).. I found a wooden anchor from my "Americana" days.. It just needed to meet the white spray paint!  So bring on a night of wine with a friend who graciously sat with me while I tied strips of plastic table cloth to a wire wreath form while.  And a rainy afternoon during nap time where I chatted it up the phone with my BFF and caught up on "the most dramatic rose ceremony ever" to finish up the ribbon... And BOOM!  A firecracker of a wreath, done.
 The plastic tablecloth is perfect for the humid July weather in Florida! 

Seriously.. All you do is cut strips of the table cloth (about 8 inches long and an inch or so wide).  This is not for the exact science types.. Just eyeball it!   I chose to tie it on to the inner circle, the second row, and the fourth row on the wire wreath.  I think it looks full enough without having to tie every row.  But, you be the judge ;)  Click here to see some larger and fuller versions I made.
As for the ribbon.. I didn't know exactly what I wanted to do.. So I played around with it till I came up with this.  I didn't cut it, I just made loops and hen secured it to the wreath form with wire.  It was sort of a variation of the ribbon wreath I made recently, but without making all the loops individually. 

Happy 4th!  

I used the extra ribbon as I typically do... To make Addie a hair bow ;) and one for her BFF. 
oops.. I saved it wrong I guess.. you get the idea ;)

Linking at

 
See Vanessa Craft

No comments:

Post a Comment